It’s no secret that Minnesota has extremely cold winters. If you forget your socks or slippers, the freezing tile floor can be quite a shock when going to the bathroom in the morning or at night.
Heated floors aren’t always at the forefront of a homeowner’s mind when planning a remodeling project. However, radiant floor heating can improve your warmth and comfort in the fall and winter. In this blog, we’ll discuss what radiant floor heating is, how it’s beneficial to homeowners, and why it’s a great addition to your bathroom renovation project.
What Is Radiant Floor Heating?
As the name suggests, radiant floor heating is used for heating floors. These systems heat electric heating coils or water-heated tubing that are installed beneath your flooring and distribute that heat with radiant heating panels. While radiant heating systems work best with ceramic or tile flooring, they can be used with most other types of flooring, too.
Benefits of Adding Radiant Floor Heating to Your Bathroom Remodel
There are many benefits to adding radiant floor heating to your bathroom remodeling project, and hiring a professional will ensure the job is done correctly and efficiently. Some perks of installing radiant floor heating in your bathroom include:
- Efficiency: Radiant floor heating requires less energy to operate, which means it can heat your floors quickly and won’t drive up your energy costs.
- Ease of operation: Radiant floor heaters can be controlled by a thermostat like their furnace counterparts, and they can also be used with Wi-Fi-based smart thermostats.
- Virtually maintenance-free: Since radiant floor heating is a closed system, it requires very little maintenance. These systems can last up to two decades without issue.
- Easy installation: Radiant floor heating has an easy installation process. In some cases, they can come pre-spaced and rolled out.
- Quiet operation: Unlike furnaces or forced-air systems, radiant floor heating is virtually silent when in use.
Is Radiant Floor Heating Worth the Investment?
Radiant heating flooring typically ranges anywhere from $1,700 to $6,000 or more. The price of your specific radiant floor heating will depend on factors such as size, material type, labor, site preparation, and heating type.
While the initial investment into any renovation can be daunting, radiant floor heating is well worth it. It will undoubtedly increase your comfort during winter, and it can also boost your home’s resale value.
Choose Stonehearth Remodeling for Radiant Floor Heating Installation in Minnesota
If you’re planning a bathroom renovation project, look no further than Stonehearth Remodeling for help. Since 1999, we’ve transformed countless homes for our clients in Minnesota. Our team can advise you on whether radiant floor heating is right for your home and handle the installation process easily.
We focus on delivering exceptional quality, price transparency, and built-in communication with every remodeling project we provide. Our E2E Protocol makes any remodeling project as seamless as possible.
Interested in installing radiant floor heating in your bathroom? Call (763) 427-7330 now to schedule a consultation.