Serving Coon Rapids & Minneapolis
Living spaces that connect homeowners with the great outdoors have become increasingly popular in recent years. In Minnesota’s colder climate, adding a sunroom is a perfect way to enjoy the peacefulness of your natural surroundings while remaining protected in a semi-enclosed space.
If this sounds like the right solution for your needs, reach out to Stonehearth Remodeling! We have over 20 years of experience helping Twin Cities homeowners fall back in love with their homes by constructing sunrooms and other home additions.
Call (763) 427-7330 or contact us online to speak with our Minneapolis remodeling company today.
Sunroom Addition Ideas
Sunrooms are characterized by large windows and skylights that offer abundant natural light and stunning views of the natural surroundings. They can be built from scratch or constructed on an existing patio or deck.
The term “sunroom” encompasses screen rooms, three-season rooms, and four-season rooms. As the name suggests, three-season rooms are functional in all seasons except winter. Extra insulation and heating are needed to create a four-season room.
If you need help envisioning how your new sunroom could look, consider these popular features you can include:
- Window screens: Open your sunroom’s large windows, and you can feel the breeze as easily as if you were sitting outside. Screens allow the fresh air to enter while keeping pesky bugs out.
- Window coverings: Make sure you can darken the space and increase privacy when needed by installing curtains or drapes on your sunroom windows.
- Ceiling fans and a fireplace: Include these features in your sunroom to increase your comfort level on days when the temperature falls outside the ideal range.
- Furniture: The furniture you choose depends on how you plan to use the space, but the best sunrooms are comfortable and casual with multiple seating options.
Benefits of Adding a Sunroom
Of all the home additions you could make, why should you construct a sunroom? Here’s why more and more Twin Cities homeowners are adding a sunroom, three-season room, or four-season room to their homes:
- Expanded indoor/outdoor living space: Sunrooms bridge the gap between your home and backyard. It’s the perfect place to watch a thunderstorm without getting wet, enjoy the flower blossoms without aggravating your allergies, and sunbathe comfortably on a windy day.
- Added room for entertaining: Gather with your guests in the sunroom to enjoy outdoor-like dining without the bugs, wind, or uncomfortable temperatures.
- Unmatched flexibility: Sunrooms are among the most versatile home additions you can build. Use it as a home office, dining room, or gym. You can also treat it like a second living room, install a hot tub, or make it a playroom for the kids. With the right furniture and layout, you can even make your sunroom a multipurpose space, changing its use as the situation demands.
- Increased home value: Sunrooms are more cost-effective than traditional home additions. Even so, they still boost home value if you ever decide to sell.
Contact Stonehearth for Sunroom Remodeling in the Twin Cities
At Stonehearth, we strive to make the sunroom remodeling process enjoyable from start to finish. We do this by following our end-to-end satisfaction protocol, which incorporates price transparency, open communication, and comprehensive design services into every project we complete.
Thanks to our proven process, we’re confident you’ll love working with our remodeling company in the Twin Cities.
Ready to begin planning your sunroom addition? Call us at (763) 427-7330 to request a consultation today!
Areas We Serve
Stonehearth offers exceptional remodeling services to homeowners in Minneapolis-St. Paul. Our service area encompasses Hennepin and Ramsey counties, including
- Brooklyn Park
- Maple Grove
- And more!
Contact us to find out if we serve your neighborhood.